Natural Gas Furnace And Boiler Rebate Program.
Replace your old natural gas furnace or boiler with an eligible ENERGY STAR® model and you could qualify for a rebate of either $500 or $700 on a furnace, or $500 on a boiler.
Are You Eligible?*
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer, with natural gas as your primary source of heat.
- Your existing furnace or boiler must be at least 10 years old and must not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax, including parts and labour).
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR furnace or boiler with a two-pipe direct vent system.**
- You must have purchased, installed and paid in full for your furnace or boiler on or after October 1, 2019.
- Applications must be submitted within 60 days of the installation date.
*You can find a complete list of requirements on the application form.
**To be verified by submitting a photograph as part of your application.
Eligible models and available rebates
|New heating system||Rebate||Eligible models|
|95 – 96.9% AFUE furnace||Up to $1,000||Furnaces|
|97 – 99% AFUE furnace||Up to $1,000*|
|94% AFUE or higher boiler||Up to $1,000||Boilers|
|Energy Star certified natural gas Combi heating system (Description below)||Up to $1,000||Combi System|
|Energy Star qualified gas water heaters (0.67% AFUE)||$200||Water Heaters|
|Tankless Water Heaters||Up to $1,000|
|“Plus Two Upgrade” (Description below)||$300|
Energy Star Certified natural gas Combi heating system (Combi is a high efficiency boiler and tankless all in one unit)
“Plus Two Upgrade” = Choose two or more eligible upgrades from qualified units to be eligible for the home renovation bonus rebate of $300.
*This incentive is funded by FortisBC, the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada.
How to apply
For tips on applying for your rebate, watch Fortis BC video.
- Review the application form and read our info sheet, Five things to know before your new high-efficiency furnace is installed.
- Choose and purchase an eligible ENERGY STAR furnace or boiler and have it installed with a two-pipe direct vent system by a Technical Safety BC licensed gas contractor. You can find a contractor by searching our directory.
- Complete the customer section of the application in full and have your contractor complete their part, as well as the furnace commissioning sheet, if applicable. You must also include a photograph of the new two-pipe direct vent system installed in your home and a copy of your invoice showing details of all work performed, purchase date, make and model number and installation permit number. See a sample invoice to ensure your invoice includes all required information.
- Email or mail your completed application and copies of supporting documents within 60 days of the installation date to:firstname.lastname@example.org or Furnace and Boiler Replacement Program
PO Box 9090
Surrey, BC V3T 5W4Note: if mailing, registered mail is recommended.
- Applications may take up to 90 days to process.