When matched with a variable speed indoor unit from Trane, the XL20i has another special feature. Its a method of enhancing airflow that we call Comfort-R™ and it gives you greater humidity control in cooling. This is accomplished by running the fan at a slower speed during start-up. Comfort-R™ also provides warmer air during heating start-up. These managed cycles reduce temperature variances for the optimum in home comfort.
The XL20i is among the industry’s most efficient heat pumps available, with a rating up to 19.00 SEER and HSPF up to 9.0. The XL20i has two compressors: one for milder weather and a second larger compressor for those extremely hot days. It’s like having two units in one.
ComfortLink™ II communicating capability
ComfortLink™ II communicating technology (available when matched with communicating indoor units) connects all of your key components so your system automatically charges, configures and calibrates for optimal performance and efficiency through the lifetime of your products.
Durable, quiet and economical
Increased efficiency may substantially lower your home cooling costs. Its multi-stage fan motor adjusts speed to quietly provide maximum comfort, and materials for all components are tested again and again for long-lasting performance and durability.
Cleaner, healthier indoor air
Every Trane Heat Pump is packed with high-quality components. Each helps ensure that time after time, your unit will provide total comfort your family can rely on. The XL20i includes:
- ComfortLink™ II communicating capability
- Charge Assist™ for enhanced performance and efficiency
- Dual Climatuff® compressors
- Full-side louvered panels
- WeatherGuard™ top protects components
- Baked-on powder paint
- Weather-resistant WeatherGuard™ fasteners
- Two-row Spine Fin™ coil
- DuraTuff™ rust proof base pan
- Two-stage cooling and heating
- Multi-stage fan
- Low-resistance airflow
- Sound insulator on compressors
XL20i communicating heat pump models (R410A refrigerant)
|Model||Cooling Capacity (BTUH)||Nominal Tons||Height (in.)||Width (in.)||Depth (in.)|
Add Trane CleanEffects™ to your system for advanced air filtration that removes more dust, pollen and other irritants from conditioned air for a cleaner, healthier, more comfortable home.
Trane XL20i Registered Limited Warranty Details
Registered Limited Warranty terms are available if the product is registered within 60 days of installation. Registration can be completed either online at Trane.com or by calling 800-554-6413. Trane’s Registered Limited Warranty terms include:
- 12 Year limited warranty on compressor
- 10 Year limited warranty on outdoor coil
- 10 Year limited warranty on internal functional parts
- If the product is not registered within 60 days of installation Trane’s Base Limited Warranty terms will apply.
- An option to purchase transferability of your Registered Limited Warranty is available. For more information visit: http://www.trane.com/Residential/Trane-Owners/Warranty-Information
- Optional Extended Warranties are available. Extended Warranties can pay for labor and other costs not covered by manufacturer's limited warranty.
- Ask your dealer for full warranty information at time of purchase. Warranties are for residential use only, some exclusions may apply.